The first professional skydiving team in Romania at 4-way discipline
What does 4-way discipline mean?
A group of 4-way is a team of four skydivers running a series of exercises or formations in freefall, while being filmed by a cameraman.
Andreea, Mihai, Simone, Catalin and Dragos were fascinated by this challenge, one of the oldest and most popular disciplines in the skydiving world, and went to work with enthusiasm.
The first training took place in 2012 and, in December 2014, TNT 4-WAY team took part in the first international competition where it ranked on 12th place.
The OBJECTIVES of the team for the 2015-2016 period are clear:
• Intensifying the training by increasing the number of jumps and tunnel hours;
• Representing Romania for the first time in this discipline at the World Cup in September 2015;
• Participation in the next World Cup which will be held in 2016.
Position in the team: INSIDE CENTER
• Andreea has begun skydiving at age 16 in Constanta and, up so far, she did over 1,400 jumps. She is married and mother of two children.
• Qualifications: USPA Coach
• She represents Romania at various events with big-way formations in free fall and she has participations in four attempts of FAI world records in this category. Two of these events were successful, and she became the first Romanian skydiver holding world records in this category.
• She organized the team that set an unofficial record in Romania - the biggest formation in freefall - 19 skydivers.
• Andreea is honored to be part of the first professional 4-way team in Romania and she is proud to represent the country in international competitions.
Position in the team: OUTSIDE CENTER
Mihai has begun skydiving in 2011 and since then he is "addicted" to this sport.
• So far, he made 700 jumps in formations, freefly, track and camera.
• He tried a lot of sports: mountain climbing, kite surfing, base jumping and others, but his true love remains skydiving.
• In 2014 he joined the TNT 4-WAY team as cameraman in search of fun, but he liked it so much that in 2015 he accepted the challenge of moving to a new position and helped increasing the performance.
Position in the team: POINT
• Simone is Italian and he has begun skydiving in 1989 at age 19. So far, he performed over 1,700 jumps.
• He was a member of the Italian Army - Parachute Brigade and he graduated the Polytechnic University of Turin.
• Qualifications: USPA instructor, AFF instructor, USPA Coach
• Coach and member of several Italian 4-way teams.
• In 2007 he moved to Romania and says that he is proud to represent his adoptive country as a member of the TNT 4-WAY team.
Position in the team: TAIL
• Catalin has begun skydiving in 2007 and he made so far over 850 jumps.
• He grew up with his father and uncle’s stories about jumps made in the army and ever since he was a child, his biggest dream was skydiving.
• He followed his dream and now he spends all his free time skydiving.
• He is a civil engineer and he works for a multinational company.
• He was part of the team that set the unofficial record in Romania of 19 skydivers - the biggest formation in freefall.
• He was invited to join the team in 2014, and Catalin has committed to make TNT 4-WAY a successful team.
Position in the team: CAMERAMAN
• Dragos has begun skydiving at 18, inspired by the hundreds of jumps of his father, and it was not long before he reached his biggest passion. He is currently an instructor and has over 3,000 jumps.
• In everyday life he is married and has a son. He is very proud of him and he brings him as often as possible at the drop zone.
• Before accepting the challenge to join the team as a cameraman, Dragos made hundreds of shots for: tandems, students, groups of skydivers, etc.
• Qualifications: USPA AFF Instructor, Tandem instructor, USPA Coach